Murrays bus tickets
Murrays Bus Tickets, Schedules, and Fare Prices
Murrays reviews and rating
3.5 stars from 135 reviews
- (61) 132251
- Jolimont Centre, Canberra City ACT 2601
I hold a frequent travellers pass. What should I do?expand_more
- Anyone holding a Frequent Travellers pass will now have twelve months from date of purchase to book their trips.
How much luggage can I take with me?expand_more
- When travelling on one of our express services, each ticket purchased has a luggage allowance included in the price. Each ticket is allowed one (1) large bag or suitcase no more than 32kg to be stowed in the coach luggage compartment, and one (1) carry on item which is sized appropriately to fit either in the overhead luggage rack or under your seat.
Any additional items are priced according to the table below and may not always be able to travel on the same service as passengers and may need to be carried on a later service. No items over 32kg will be carried.
Additional Item Cost Extra Suitcase/Bag weighing no more than 32kg $10 Surfboard, Ski's and Snowboards, Pushbikes (must be in a box, bike bag or hardcase) Golf Bags, Large Packages/Boxes (no more than 32 kgs) $20 Prams and Wheelchairs Free of Charge
What kind of online security does Murrays provide when booking online?expand_more
- Our booking website uses HTTPS for secure communication and our digital certificate are issued by verisign authority to online.murrays.com.au. To mitigate credit card fraud risk, we do not permanently store credit card details into our system. Before submitting your personal details on our website, help secure your online security by checking that your computer and use of the Internet is as secure as possible. To learn more about how to protect yourself and complete online transactions safely please visit the Stay Smart Online website. Stay Smart Online is owned and administered by the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy.
Do I need to wear a mask?expand_more
- For the comfort of everyone onboard, we continue to encourage our passengers to bring and wear a mask when travelling. However, easing restrictions mean it is no longer a requirement for travel.
I am having trouble making a booking online.expand_more
- When booking online we recommend keeping your browser software up to date as some older versions may not be supported. If you have a problem you can't resolve you can call our Booking Office on 13 22 51 for assistance.
Which concession cards do you accept?expand_more
- All concession cards must be issued in Australia to qualify for a concession fare. Photo identification in the form of a licence or passport (including concessions, seniors and student ID) may be required when boarding the coach. Concession and student fares are only available to Australian residents and cardholders. The following concession cards are accepted: Australian school student ID cards (issued by the school) Backpacker and YHA cards Pension and Senior cards Disability Pension cards Health Care cards Centrelink Concession travel cards; and Australian Defence ID cards. Customers travelling on our Wollongong and South Coast service are entitled to NSW government concession scheme. To find more information about the eligible concession, please visit NSW government transport website http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/concessions.
Can my pet travel with me?expand_more
- No pets are allowed to travel on any Murrays coach, other than guide dogs or registered companion dogs.
I am travelling with a mobility aid. How can I book on one of your services?expand_more
- Passengers that require any special travel arrangements are asked to contact our booking office on (61) 13 22 51 with your travel plans, or forward an email to email@example.com. For more information, visit our Special Assistance page.
How do I claim my travel credit?expand_more
- Anyone entitled to a travel credit from a suspended service will have been notified directly by email. The email contains instructions on how to claim and use your credit.
I found a coupon code on a third party website. How do I redeem it?expand_more
- Murrays do not engage the services of third parties when promoting Murrays services. Nor do we offer discount codes, coupons or offers to third parties. In the event you have found a discount code or offer on a third party website this is fake or is known to be a scam. These fake coupons & offers found on these websites will not be valid when purchasing a ticket on any Murrays Express Service. For more information or reporting a scam visit www.scamwatch.gov.au
What should I do if my luggage has been lost?expand_more
- Contact our booking office on (61) 13 22 51 or forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the item missing and the service that you travelled on. Murrays accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to luggage arising out of or in any way incidental to the service or the accommodation or the transfer of any luggage between the vehicle and any place of accommodation whether such loss or damage may be due to alleged negligence or misconduct on the part of the company, its employees or agents or otherwise whoever.
When will your Melbourne Express service start running again?expand_more
- Right now we do not know when the Melbourne Express will be able to resume. We will update this page whenever we have any news.
What items are not allowed to travel?expand_more
- Murrays does not offer refrigerated bulk storage for carriage of bulk quantities of plant or animal products including any food items. Due to concerns around hygiene, disease, vermin and the comfort of other passengers, Murrays does not allow the carriage of bulk quantities of food stuffs in any form. For the avoidance of doubt, bulk quantities will be reasonably assessed as a quantity exceeding what a passenger may reasonably consume on an individual service or trip. For safety reasons, explosive goods and flammable items cannot be carried on any Murrays service.
Can Murrays store my luggage for me?expand_more
- Unfortunately none of our booking offices are equipped to store luggage. For local information regarding luggage storage, please call (61) 13 22 51 and our reservations staff will assist you accordingly.
What kind of payment options do you accept?expand_more
- Online: Online bookings can be made with a credit card or Paypal. Murrays use a secure payment site for payments made through our website. Murrays booking office: Our booking offices can process your payment via credit card, debit card or cash. Phone: Phone bookings can be processed with a credit card. Bookings made via our call centre are subject to a booking fee. Please note credit card payments with American Express, Diners or Japanese Cards will attract a surcharge of 2%.
Are you stopping at the airport?expand_more
- The Sydney ⇆ Canberra Express is now picking up from Sydney Domestic Airport. Please check our timetables for available services. Some Chinchilla ⇆ Toowoomba ⇆ Brisbane services are now stopping at Brisbane Domestic airport. Please check our timetables for times. At this stage we are still not stopping at Brisbane International Airport.
It's 1am. Why can't I make a booking online?expand_more
- The Murrays online system undergoes weekly routine maintenance on Monday from 1am until 2:30am EST. During this maintenance period we are unable to accept any online bookings.
How can I purchase a ticket on a Murrays service?expand_more
- There are three easy ways that you can book a ticket with Murrays: Online: You can book and pay for your ticket through our booking engine here. Your ticket will then be sent to you via a confirmation email – simply show this email on the day of travel. Phone: Call our booking office on 13 22 51 and our reservations team will assist you. Please note that bookings made over the phone are subject to a transaction fee. Murrays booking office: You can purchase a ticket from any of our booking offices. For office addresses and opening hours
All you need to know about Murrays
Keeping You Safe & Connected
We have always been committed to keeping you safe and connected, now more so than ever. So, we thought you might like to hear about the extra steps we are taking to make sure you feel safe and well when you travel with us.
Already we are deeply cleaning and sanitising our coaches after every trip, other Travel Safe measures include:
Onboard the Coach
To improve comfort and safety onboard we have made a number of modifications to our vehicles. These include:
- The air conditioning in every coach is set to recycle fresh air every few minutes in the coach cabin. Vents are positioned to direct airflow from ceiling to floor
- We have enhanced our deep cleaning and are using industrial grade cleaning agents as well as increased wipe down of high touch areas onboard
- Automatic hand sanitiser dispensers in every coach
- Sneeze shields to optimise the exclusion zone between passengers and driver
- Installation of signage reminding everyone of their responsibility to keep each other safe
Temperature Checking, Masks & Hygiene
For the comfort of everyone traveling, all passengers will have their temperature tested prior to boarding.
As of 6am Thursday 15 April wearing a mask onboard moves from being ‘mandatory’ to ‘encouraged’ in QLD.
In NSW, from 12:01am Monday 29th March wearing a mask onboard moved from being 'mandatory', to 'strongly recommended'. We kindly ask our passengers travelling in NSW & ACT to continue to bring and wear a mask for the comfort of other passengers.
We encourage all passengers to take appropriate precautions to protect themselves and others on the coach. Please remember to frequently wash your hands thoroughly with soap or sanitiser, cough/sneeze in to a tissue or your elbow, and make sure you stay home if you are sick.
Long distance bus travel such as inter-regional bus services or charter buses (which includes buses hired for group travel and tour buses) are not currently restricted under the COVID-19 Public Health Orders in NSW, ACT or QLD.
While we are continuing to accommodate family and household groups so that they can sit together, we cannot guarantee you will not be seated next to another passenger.
We will continue to monitor guidance from Government and are committed to doing the best we can every day to keep our team and our customers safe. Please stay in touch, we would love to hear your ideas and answer any questions. Please call or email us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as we can.
Thank you for your ongoing support, we have missed you and can’t wait to welcome you back.
At Murrays Coaches, we are committed to safe, comfortable and reliable coach travel for all. Our aim is to continually improve and provide outstanding transport solutions and ensure everyone can safely make use of our services, by providing a high level of service to all of our passengers
Passengers travelling with a mobility aid
If you are travelling with a mobility aid, please contact our booking office on (61) 13 22 51 between 5:30am - 6pm, 7 days a week or forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with your travel plans.
Passengers with a carer
If you are unable to travel alone and require assistance, you must travel with a carer or chaperone. A 50% discount on the full adult fare (express ticket only) is offered to the carer to accompany the passenger. Tickets must be booked by phone and any booking fee will be waived. Coach drivers/staff are only permitted to provide basic assistance. Drivers are unable to assist with access to facilities, lift or carry passengers, administer medicines or perform any medical procedures.
Passengers travelling with a medical condition
If you have a medical condition, it is recommended that a carer/chaperone accompany you on their journey. In the event that you become ill during the journey, the appropriate emergency services will be contacted and the continuation of travel will be determined by the emergency services personnel. Our coach drivers are not trained or permitted to administer any medicines or perform medical tasks.
Passengers travelling with a Service Dog
Certified and Registered Service Dogs are welcome on-board Murrays Coaches. Certified Assistance Animals can travel free of charge when in the company of the passenger, provided they pose no risk or hinder the safe operation of the service. An extra seat will be allocated for the Assistance Animal. If two seats together are not available, the Passenger will need to choose another service that has sufficient seats available.
A service dog is trained to aid a person with a disability. Service Dogs include Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and Assistance Dogs.
For passengers who need to travel with a service dog please call us on 13 22 51 and one of our friendly team members will assist you to make your booking. The telephone booking fee is waived in this instance.
Murrays Coaches accepts that Service Dogs have been trained to assist with a disability to alleviate the effect of the disability and meet the standards of hygiene and behaviour that are appropriate for an animal in a public place. The passenger will be required to carry absorbent matting as well as be able to meet the needs of the animal during travel.
Assistance whilst travelling
Passengers that require any special arrangements when they travel are asked to contact our booking office on (61) 13 22 51 between 5:30am - 6pm, 7 days a week and a supervisor will assist with your travel plans. The phone booking fee is waived for this assistance. Alternatively you may send an email to email@example.com.
Assistance with Booking
If you are unable to use our website to make a booking and require assistance, please contact the Murrays booking office on (61) 13 22 51 between 5:30am - 6pm, 7 days a week and a supervisor will assist with your travel plans. The booking fee is waived for this assistance. Alternatively you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision or Hearing Impaired Travellers (TTY/National Relay Service Users)
A free TTY (text phone) service is available to our website users who would like to have a Relay Officer assist in their conversations with Murrays. This service is provided by the National Relay Service (NRS). NB: This service is subject to the hours of operation of the NRS service.
Users who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call through the National Relay Service:
TTY users phone 13 36 77 then ask for the Murrays telephone number (61) 13 22 51 for Murrays Express Services (available 5:30am - 6pm).
Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for Murrays Express Services (available 4am - 7pm).
Internet relay users connect to the NRS (see www.relayservice.gov.au for details) and then ask for Murrays Express Services (available 4am - 7pm).