Renfe train tickets
Renfe train Tickets, Schedules, and Fare Prices
Renfe reviews and rating
4.5 stars from 2305 reviews
What payment methods are accepted in Renfe.com?expand_more
- You can pay for your purchases in renfe.com by credit or debit card, Renfe Points or PayPal. Renfe offers you a secure purchase system, without any risk of fraud. All confidential data generated when using the system is encrypted. You can check on your browser during these sensitive operations that it indicates that it is working against a secure server.
What happens if I lose my purchase code or locator?expand_more
- If you are a registered customer, you can check this information in Mis Viajes (My Trips). If you are not registered, you can enter the number of the credit card used to purchase the ticket at the auto check-in machines and print it. In other cases, you can call the online sales information phone at 91 919 05 04.
Can I cancel my tickets?expand_more
- Yes, if the fare allows for this, up to 15 minutes before the train departs. To do so, you will need the purchase code or ticket number (13 digits). Depending on your fare, this operation may have an additional cost. Please note that tickets can be cancelled free of charge within 2 hours of purchase.
What is the service offered to buy tickets over the phone?expand_more
- With this service, you can call 91 232 03 20 to buy tickets for Alta Velocidad–Larga Distancia (High-speed Long distance), Media Distancia Convencional (Conventional Mid-distance) and Avant (mid-distance high-speed) trains by telephone, from the moment they are available in the sales system and up to 30 minutes before the train departs. You can also make changes and cancellations over the phone, except on Media Distancia (Mid-distance) trains. Payment is made with credit or debit cards, provided they have been issued by a national bank. You will be asked for your card number, its expiry date and card control code number. Please note that in order to use a card to purchase tickets over the phone, it must have been previously used on any Renfe channel that allows its verification: Internet, ticket offices, travel agencies or self-service machines. You can also pay with Renfe Points earned by using the +Renfe loyalty programme card. The service offered to buy tickets over the phone will provide you with a locator number corresponding to your ticket. Optionally, if you wish and at no additional cost, you can receive the locator via: an SMS message sent to a mobile phone (only valid for national phones). notification to an e-mail address. (Not valid as a ticket). Remember that, in order to travel, you must obtain the tickets corresponding to the localisers. You can do this up to 5 minutes before the train departs at any of the following points: Self-service machines available at stations At stations that have points of sale to issue this type of ticket. (consult at 91 232 03 20) The telephone sales channel validates payment cards with PayGold, an easy, comfortable and safe way to buy with your phone, without a spending limit and that is also valid for foreign cards.
Can I exchange a ticket paid using PayPal at a station or travel agency?expand_more
- Yes, as long as there is no additional payment. If you request for a refund after a change, you will receive the refund to the PayPal account with which you paid for the ticket.
Can I cancel a ticket paid using PayPal at a station or travel agency?expand_more
- Yes. The amount will be returned to the PayPal account with which you paid for the ticket.
How can I validate my card with PayGold?expand_more
- To make your purchases by phone in the most comfortable and secure way, call 912 320 320 and our team will send you an SMS or email with a link to RedSys (a secure e-commerce platform) to validate your card (you have 72 hours to do so). From this link you must fill in the form with your card details. To guarantee its validity, an immediate charge of 1 euro will be applied, which will be refunded once the form has been sent. Once your card has been validated, you will always be able to buy your tickets using just the phone number or email associated with your card.
How much time do I have to buy a ticket?expand_more
- You can buy your tickets from the moment they are available in the electronic sales system and up to 15 minutes before the train departs.
Can I print my tickets, request an invoice or send them to a PassBook or Pass Wallet virtual wallet at any time, if I did not do so at the end of my ticket purchase?expand_more
- Yes, you can do so from your private area, as long as you are a registered customer.
Changes in AVE and Larga Distancia (long distance high-speed) trains?expand_more
- If you have a Flexible fare, it allows changes without penalties.
- If you have a Return fare, it allows changes without penalties.
- If you have a Promo + fare, changes are allowed, with a 20% administration fee over the price of the ticket.
- Promo fares do not allow changes.
- Mesa (Table) fares do not allow changes.
Can I change my tickets?expand_more
- Yes, if the fare allows for this, up to 15 minutes before the train departs. Depending on your fare, this operation may have an additional cost.
How far in advance should I arrive at the station?expand_more
- The control point that allows access to the train will be closed 5 minutes before the train departs. However, in large stations and in all those with a luggage scanner, we recommend to be there with plenty of time in advance.
Changes in Avant (mid-distance high-speed) and Media Distancia (Mid-distance) trains?expand_more
- For Avant (mid-distance high-speed) and Media Distancia (Mid-distance) trains, the one-way fare allows changes, with an administration fee of 10% of the ticket price.
What are the benefits of registering?expand_more
- By registering, you will be able to complete ticket purchases faster and enjoy other advantages:
- You can check purchased and unused tickets.
- You can make changes and request refunds in a simpler way
- You can register your credit cards and use the one you want to make the purchase without having to enter the card numbers each time.
- You can participate in prize draws for free travel tickets, tickets for shows, sport events, etc.
- You can receive notifications of interest in your email, if you wish
Does my ticket allow changes?expand_more
- On Ave, Larga Distancia (Long Distance), Avant (mid-distance high-speed) and Media Distancia (Mid-distance) trains, tickets can be exchanged up to 3 times, within their validity period. The origin and destination cannot be changed.
What transactions are allowed for tickets paid with Paypal?expand_more
- If you used PayPal or Amazon Pay to purchase the ticket, you can make the same arrangements as those for any ticket paid by credit card: changes, cancellations, automatic compensation, etc. You can make arrangements that do not involve any additional costs via other channels, such as stations, travel agencies or self-service machines.
Can I change a Renfe ticket?expand_more
- In general, tickets for AVE, Larga Distancia (Long Distance), Avant (mid-distance high-speed) and Media Distancia Convencional (Conventional Mid-distance) trains can be changed a maximum of three times and always for the same origin and destination. Cercanías (Commuter) and Feve services, however, do not admit changes.
You I need to carry the printed ticket with me?expand_more
- You need to be carry a printed ticket to travel. You must carry a printed copy with you, which you can print using the auto check-in machines found at the stations that are ready for this or request it at the ticket offices.
Other options include:
- Ticket on your mobile phone.
- Ticket in PassBook format.
- Ticket on the Renfe Ticket app.
Changes in International Trains?expand_more
- If you have a Flexi fare, changes are allowed without penalties up to 48 hours before departure of the train. There is a cancellation fee of 10% of the ticket price after these 48h.
- If you have an Esencial (Essential) fare, it allows changes or cancellations with a 50% cost until the train departs.
- Promo and Mini fares do not allow changes.
What if I cannot view or print the ticket I purchased?expand_more
- You can print your ticket on the self-service machines found at the stations or request it by providing the credit card number with which the purchase was made on the online sales information phone at 91 919 05 04.